As part of a dynamic technical team, the Software Application Engineer will be responsible for software development of demo systems, reference platforms, and tools as well as applications development and documentation. The successful candidate must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time. Position will have a serious impact on the overall success of company operations.
- Writing system software for demo systems and reference platforms for Audience’s products
- Participating in creating documents and white papers
- Training Audience’s application engineering and sales teams on demos/reference platforms
- Strong software system design experience
- Extensive experience in C code software development
- Experience writing Android Linux device drivers (DSP, Codecs, Baseband, WIFI, Bluetooth)
- Expertise in debugging hardware (PCB level) and software bugs
- Familiarity with debug tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and in-circuit emulators
- Strong customer orientation
- Experience in cellular wireless industry (mobile handsets, PND, or tablets)
- Experience with mobile applications processors (Nvidia Tegra, TI OMAP, Qualcomm, etc.)
- Experience with consumer codec chipsets (Cirrus Logic, Wolfson, TI)
- Audio expertise including CODECs, AEC, and noise reduction
- Experience developing Windows GUI applications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study and at least 5 years of relevant work experience
Skills & Attributes
- Self motivated and strong commitment to job completion
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Team and customer focus
Work hard. Play hard. Have an Impact.
At Audience, our employees are motivated to improve the mobile communications experience for the masses, providing forward-thinking technology that makes a positive difference in the daily lives of consumers. However, the ability to make a difference doesn’t stop there. At Audience, you’ll find an environment where you truly have the opportunity to make an impact - on the company, the growth of our technology, and your own career. Our employees learn through collaboration and have the chance to see their ideas come to life globally, all in a creative, supportive workplace, with unlimited growth potential.
Audience provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package to more effectively manage the health and financial needs of you and your family.
Health and Wellness
Pre-Tax Contribution Plan
Flexible Spending Account
Life and AD&D Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Travel Accident Insurance
401(k) Savings Plan